Bruce Ream Park was redeveloped in 2017 through an OSLAD Grant from the Illinois Department of Natural Resources. It includes a playground, splash pad, shared-use path with fitness stations, sand volleyball court, sled/exercise hill, basketball/bankshot/pickelball court, soccer turf improvements, and parking lot improvements. We also received grant funding from the Kane County Riverboat Grant for the playground equipment and trees at this location.
This location is great for your family gathering under the pavilion near the playground and splash pad. Check out our rental rates and contact us at 847-683-2690 for availability!
Splash pad is open from 10am – 8pm (open Memorial Day-Labor Day). Press the activator button during hours of operation near the ants to turn the splash pad on!
Splash Pad Rules for Bruce Ream Park
For the benefit of all participants, please comply with the following Splash Pad rules
- All persons using the splash pad do so at their own risk. No lifeguard on duty.
- Children must have adult supervision at all times.
- Children who are not toilet trained must wear swim diapers (regular diaper changing should occur).
- Please take children on frequent restroom breaks (every 30-60 minutes is recommended).
- Persons, especially children, who are experiencing diarrhea (which is considered a high risk event at aquatic facilities) must not use the splash pad.
- Persons with open cuts or sores, infection or diseases that may be transmitted by the water are prohibited.
- The following activities and items are not permitted in the splash pad area:
- Climbing, sitting, and playing on splash pad apparatus
- Drinking splash pad water, spitting and spouting of water from the mouth
- Running, rough play and profanity
- Carrying mud or sand onto the pad
- Inflatable pool toys, athletic and other recreation equipment
- Food, candy, gum, beverages, and glass containers
- Soaps, detergents, and shampoos
- Intentionally covering water fixtures and drains
- Animals, except service animals
- Changing diapers
- Radios and other acoustical devices
- Skateboards, skates, razors, rollerblades, scooters, bicycles, and similar recreation equipment
- Smoking is prohibited
- Alcohol is allowed only by permit
- Proper swim attire is required.
- The pavilion and picnic tables located within it are available for general use unless reserved. Groups that have reserved the pavilion have priority use of the pavilion and the picnic tables within it.
- If the lightning detector activates, please click here for the information on what the horn blasts and lights mean and when the all clear will sound again.
- The splash pad may be closed down at anytime for maintenance or weather concerns. The Splash pad is open from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm daily Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day.