A program participant may receive a refund for a program under the following circumstances:
- The request is made prior to the program registration deadline. A mandatory $5.00 processing fee will apply. This applies to check refunds or household credits.
- Prorated refunds will be issued in a case when the Park District receives a written medical certificate that a medical condition exists that prohibits participation. The medical note must be received no later than the last date of the program. A $5.00 processing fee will apply.
- A refund of 50% will be given if the refund request is made after the program start date (i.e. orientation or first practice, whichever comes first) within the first week of the program starting. A processing fee is included in the 50% program fee. This excludes Preschool, Day Care, Summer Camp and Extended Care (see handbook).
- See the COVID-19 Refund Policy for all cancelations that are required by the Park District due to the Pandemic.
- This does not apply if the Park District cancels the program due to low attendance or the program not running.
- No refunds will be given for classes/games/sessions missed or forgotten. Fees will not be prorated.
- All other refunds are subject to a $5.00 cancellation fee. No refund is given for the cost of t-shirts,
trophies, other awards, special events, trips, one-day programs, or other contractual programs.
- Preschool Registration Fee, Extended Care Registration Fee, and Day Care Registration Fee holds a place for your child in the program and is not transferable or refundable.
- Preschool/Daycare refunds are unique and must follow the guidelines in the Parent Handbook. All refund requests must be submitted in writing to the Park District for approval.
COVID-19 Refund Policy
A credit will be applied to your household automatically for all programs and facility rentals that end up being
canceled due to the COVID-19 pandemic due to Executive Orders issued by the State of Illinois.
How Credits Work
- Credit will be for 100 percent of fee paid, unless one or more classes were held before the program was canceled. In this case, the credit will be prorated for classes/games/sessions not held, and if more than 75% of the season (games) or session (classes) is completed, no credit will be given. The determination of 75% completion does not include cancelations due to inclement weather.
- Credits may be used by any member of your household.
- Credits are valid for any recreation program, camp, or facility rental. Credits cannot be used for contractual classes such as horseback riding, dance, etc. unless that was the reason the refund was given.
- Credits are applied automatically to your cart total when making a purchase online or through a member of staff.
- Approved by the Park Board of Commissioners 07/28/20.