Three and Up
Little People Playtime Day Care, 441 East Jefferson Ave PO Box 822, Hampshire, Illinois 60140-0822
Phone 847.683.0896, Fax 847.683.1741
Little People Playtime is now offering a new and exciting day care program for your little ones! Located at the same building as the Little People Playtime preschool, the day care is an opportunity to have your child become part of the Little People Playtime family and grow with us! From infants 6 weeks to five years, the day care program offers friendly classroom environments where children can move and explore safely. Days are filled with free play and experiences that help boost both cognitive and motor skills. Learning, development, curiosity and socialization are sparked by daily teacher-child interactions. Days are complete with wholesome snacks, meals, and sleep guidelines approved by this DCFS licensed facility.
Multi-age 3 and up
As preschoolers and pre-K children grow, the ages three and up program encourages confidence and learning through exploration, activities, hands-on experiences and basic curriculum lessons. Literacy, mathematics, science and social skills are all incorporated into the program. Common Core State Standards, in addition to our long standing programming experience of educational curriculum, provides your child with a unique learning environment where they will thrive. Don’t forget all of the outdoor fun as well. The facility has a large fenced-in outdoor play yard with equipment to engage your children in both free and structured play.
Three and Up Program Features
- Themed units that encourage your child's curiosity, increase confidence, and support self-directed activities
- Hands-on experiences designed to boost problem solving and scientific thinking skills
- Daily small- and whole-group activities
- Observation-based assessments that track your child's progress toward developmental milestones and school readiness
- Regular teacher-family communication, including ways you can continue the learning in your own home
- Fine motor skills are developed through writing while gross-motor skills are developed through running, dancing, jumping and throwing activities. Healthy snacks and meals and the way they benefit the body are discussed.
- Daily reading, practice learning or writing letters and words, and letter identification and vocabulary expansion increase your child’s ability to communicate.
- As children start to recognize events, patterns and routines, we support this learning and introduce skills such as counting and drawing conclusions.
- Painting, movement, singing, storytelling and role-playing all develop children’s expression of the arts and creativity.
Activity code: 411001-A4
Min/Max: 8 /17
Ages: 3-5 years
Fee: Based on fee schedule
WHAT DO I NEED TO REGISTER?
- Registration is in person only at the 441 East Jefferson location but many forms can be found on this site
- Nonrefundable registration fee $85 for a single child and $20 for each additional child. (This is a yearly registration fee to be renewed every 12 months from the original registration date.)
- Copy of child’s birth certificate OR Passport
- Latest medical record (cannot be older than 6 months prior to entry) using the State of Illinois Certificate of Health Examination form. Immunizations must include TB test and lead assessments
- Completed Park District registration form with signed waiver
- Completed Park District emergency form (2 sides)
- Late pick up form
- Set up an orientation with Day Care Staff (847)683-0896 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Forms to be completed and signed:
- Park District Registration Form (2 sided)
- Park District Emergency Form (2 sided)
- DCFS Medical Form
- Late pick up Form
- Non-Park District tax option letter
All Daycare forms can be found here and filled out ahead of time.